Long Term Care
The statistics are not in our favor. Many of us will need long-term care (LTC) during our lifetimes, yet many of us have not prepared for that need. If you take a minute to consider the financial and emotional impact of receiving LTC from your family and loved ones, it can be overwhelming. The good news is that the One America; Asset Care & Annuity Care Solutions policies can help you be prepared for what the future holds.
Prepare to live a long life
• In 20 years, there will be twice as many people over age 65. The
average worker is going to end up taking time off work, working
part-time or becoming a full-time caregiver for family members.
• Our population is aging. In 2011, 80 million Baby Boomers
have started to turn 65 years old, and we also have the largest
shortage of paid caregivers in our nation’s history.
• 70,000 of the people alive now are over 100 years old. That
number is expected to grow eight times by 2050.
Why it’s important to prepare
• 70 percent of Americans turning age 65 will need
some form of LTC in their lifetime.
• The number of people with Alzheimer’s is expected
to grow by 50 percent in the next 20 years. 1 in 3 Americans died from Alzhiemershimer
• Two-thirds of the caregivers are women. And women
make up 47 percent of the U.S. workforce.
• Skilled nursing care is expensive — at home or a facility. An average cost
of 10 hours of this type of care at a nursing facility is $81,000 per year.
• 67 percent of claims from 2007-2009 were for home care; 20 percent
assisted living; only 13 percent were for nursing home care.
Contact Apex Insurance & Financial Services to learn more about Long Term Care insurance and which is the right plan for you: Asset Care LTC or Annuity Care LTC. CALL TODAY 916-338-1345